Monday 5 April 2010

Sales!

Ok, what has sales got to do with losing weight? Well, in this case it has plenty connection :D

So, I've been thinking about getting a new pair of sport shoes for some time. Nothing wrong with my Reebok WlkrRner just want to switch shoes every now and then. But the shoes I want are either out of my price range or sold out in my size. Just my luck eh?

I also quite like gadgets, always have been. Yes, I am a bit geeky that way. I've already got a blackberry, a secondary phone that can access the internet, and this year I finally got a netbook -red hp, 10' screen, very cool- installed wifi and wayhey... I'm in gadget heaven. But my inner geek says I'm missing another essential gadget for daily living. The thing is, I have this obsession for having red gadgets and this particulare gadget do come in red but only available only and rather pricey. Again, not urgent so wait for sales.

Now, the star of sales must have aligned yesterday for both of the were on sale at the same time! Oh my oh my. Can you imagine? Delirious would be apt ;)

The shoes ended up 60% off. Still slightly pricey but much better than paying 100%. My other gadget wasn't discounted quite as much but enough to make me break out from my red habit and get it. Hehe. You see, this particular gadget is rarely on sale and even if it does, I'm still a bit wary about getting goods via mail. Not the purchasing bit, but the worry whether my purchase would make it safely to my house.

Thus today I proudly wear my new shoes to the gym. Hopefully this will inspire me to go more often :)

Love,
Sas

No comments: