Wednesday 25 November 2009

Return to the Saddle

After more than a week off the gym due to my son's measles and finishing up project at work, I finally step my foot back at the gym. About time too!

I once read on O that it took certain amount of days to change a habit. Basically, if you stuck at it, keep making yourself go to the gym/ writing/ painting/ whatever, at some point your body stops rejecting and starts craving it. I never really put this theory into practice until now.

Probably bored by my whining, my husband sign us up at our local gym and book a set of session with a personal trainer. So, with the pt constantly texting, calling, cajoling me to the gym I started going 3-4 times a week. Plus there's the thought that we already fork over a sizeable sum to the gym so might as well use it. Thus the gym became our new 'church'.

I used to have to drag myself there until I finally see that well, it actually make a difference. Maybe not so much in looks since I haven't lost that much but I definitely feel much better. Like a cliche, I used to feel sluggish and after the gym I feel bright and energized. I may not be healthy but I feel healthier.

So, after about 3 months of this, when I had a week off I find that I'm craving for the gym. My body needs it.

Thus today I return to the saddle. Being somewhat a hectic day, I didn't get to do as much as I would like but its good. I did circuit training; steps, lunges, sit-up, leg-up, some abs and arm work, sprinting, repeat all that, except changet the run into more sit-ups and jump rope.

I'm whacked but happy :) here's to many more happy days at the gym!

No comments: