Saturday 15 January 2011

Afternoon Nap

The Little Lempers are usually a rowdy bunch. They run, they jump, they poke and fight each other. If Bebel feels up to it, she'll join in the fun, playing with the kittens swatting her tail as Zorro tries to bit it. All in all they're an entertaining bunch, livening up our mornings and nights. That is until yesterday...

I went home in the afternoon after my book club meeting. The house is empty since the kids were away with their practices. Bebel was fast asleep under the dining table, Zorro and Lila were also on their favourite spot, the computer table, so the house was quiet until I spot a lone kitten in the corner... Yep, Nina is still awake and unsure what to do. Her face was so funny I couldn't help but laugh. She held this sad and forlorn expression, she kept shooting glances at her mom and sibs as if hoping they will be awake. I asked her why isn't she napping? She just gave this look saying, can't you see I'm clearly not tired? She tried to prove it by playing on her own but her efforts were pretty pathetic, not as energetic as usual. I was thoroughly amused. So I said, mommy is gonna change now, you can play in my room if you like. She declined. Well, suit yourself.

I went into my room, get changed, returned some phone calls, take my own sweet time tidying up stuff then I went back out to get a drink. What do I see? It seems Nina has given up all hope of playing on her own and decided to join her sibling on the table trying to get a nap too. My my, they really are like little human children... my silly little Lempers :D

No comments: